Today, a crucial part of a home interior design project is a modular kitchen, with finishes that not only mesmerise but also are functional. This evolution comes as a blessing because it is not only ergonomic but also cost saving. Selecting the right finish for your kitchen may sound complicated but, if you have an idea about what’s trending then the task becomes extremely simple!
This list, curated for the novice, will instil confidence about picking the finish that suits your modular kitchen the most.
* Acrylic Finish is non-toxic, shiny, and glossy in appearance. With this, a modular kitchen can be transformed into smooth, classy and aesthetically pleasing. Once installed, your kitchen cabinets will have a mirror-like finish. This finish is scratch-resistant and does not tarnish, de-laminate, or fade away with time. It is durable and available in various plain and sparkling colours, easily lasting for 10 to 15 years.
* Veneer Finish: Made of thin films of natural wood, it is commonly used in modular kitchens to give them a natural look and feel. It is typically used for cabinets, tops, and doors. A modular kitchen with veneers offers the best of both worlds – wood grains from actual wood and modular functionality. With veneer finishing, you will love the rich, warm, natural and luxurious appearance that it gives to your kitchen.
* PU Finish: PU (PolyUrethane) is an acrylic-based clear coating paint which is one of the most durable paints for exterior wood surfaces of a kitchen. It comes in a variety of colours, and can withstand heat, even during high temperatures in summer.
* Laminate Finish: Laminates for a modular kitchen are a cost-effective, rugged, and durable option. If you have a limited budget but want to make a long-term investment in durable material, laminate is an excellent choice. Laminates for the kitchen have two finishes: one is a high gloss finish, and the other is a matte finish.
* Glazed Finish: Cabinets that have been glazed will have an antique appeal, adding depth and complexity to the overall look of the cabinetry. This kind of finish is most appropriate when trying a rustic impression. The most significant advantage of a glazed finish is additional depth and intrigue. It is attractive because of its complexity but does not detract from the rest of the cabinets.
* Lacquer Finish: This finish is commonly used in kitchens because of its high resistance to staining and ease of maintenance. It is made of high-quality glass and comes in a variety of colours. Lacquer is highly durable as it does not fade or lose its lustre. The cabinets with lacquer finish have a firm, non-porous surface, making them impervious to stains and grease. Cleaning your cabinets is made simpler as a result of this resistance. The lacquer finish offers your cabinets a long-lasting gloss visible on all surfaces.
We hope these pointers helped you gain clarity on which finish to choose for your modular kitchen. Own the perfect kitchen, explore Veneta Cucine India’s website to know more!